Sunday, May 18, 2014

Monday morning and good intentions!

Mount Kinabalu - I can't stop taking photos of her!

So I have started my Monday morning off with great intentions which I expect will not continue! I awoke with the morning prayers at 4.30 then a text arrived from Andrew at 5 am, because it is 7 am in Papua New Guinea, and as sleep was going to escape me, I decided to get up and do a little run. I am not a keen jogger and especially in this heat the only way to get some exercise is either get up very early or do something in the water. The water alternative is preferable to me but as there is no swimming pool nearby I think the running is the only other alternative for the moment. One of my colleagues is going to be a bridesmaid at the end of July and she has a 6 week swimming programme all printed and very detailed in order to look slim and gorgeous on the day. I certainly haven't got any great expectations for myself but it will be my first time being "the mother of the bride" and so I feel I ought to do something to tone up the flab! So I feel if I write it on my blog I have declared it to, not quite the world, but at least to some public who read it. I find it interesting that there are so many people that read my blog that I don't know. My main audience seems to be the USA, UK and Malaysia now and France is lagging behind hugely. I initially started this if you remember as a way of recording my adventure and keeping family and friends up to date with what I was doing. I had never looked at a blog before and had absolutely no idea how to set it up, let alone put a photo on it. I suppose I would have made it a private blog if I had even known that you could do such a thing. Anyway, I'm not intending to change anything at this stage as I don't know how to and there are 934 people who read my blog this month. So whoever you are - you are very welcome to read my ramblings!

   Last week was a very varied one as usual and I had the pleasure of visiting Ranau and seeing some of my old schools which was lovely. Ranau still feels so much like home when I go there and I haven't the contact with the schools in Tuaran as I had in Ranau, which makes me realise what an icebreaker children and schools are. When we moved to Livarot the school was the place where we made our social contacts and lasting friendships and I think if you haven't got children when you move into a community, you have to make an extra effort which I haven't done yet in Tuaran. I am going to stop now as my good intentions are to be at my office desk at 8 am to start my week and write the weekly bulletin to the mentors. Next weekend I will be in Kuala Lumpur at a conference on " Creativity in Early Childhood" and I will also be one of the participants so that will be an experience to recount I expect!!



A beautiful beach near the Tip

No comments:

Post a Comment