Sunday, May 11, 2014

Another Wedding!


Congratulations Tanya and Anthony!
    Each time I have visited a mentor this week they have asked me the same question "So which do you prefer being a project manager or being a mentor?" I obviously show my enjoyment of being in a school and having  contact with the children too much and it is a difficult question to answer. I  miss being in schools and teaching and feeling a part of the school community. I loved the job of being a mentor and feel still very engaged in the teaching development process, however as I said to everyone, there are many amazing opportunities that I am experiencing in this new role that I never would have normally had the chance to do. I do feel that we can't have regrets and wish we were somewhere else all the time.
A bridge I had to cross in Pitas
 I have always had the philosophy that whatever life throws you just see it in a positive way and put it all down to experience and another chapter in your life. One of the lovely things about my new job is travelling to quite isolated schools that normally I would never have had the chance to visit. This week I was in rural Pitas, Kota Marudu and some very small schools in the hills of Kota Belud, as well as the very different schools in urban Kota Kinabalu. I even had a Year 2 class in the tiny school of SK Tintapon who sang a song for me which was performed on the stage just like I was a VIP!

   This week I have a family announcement to make that there is going to be another Wright wedding next year!! Tanya and Anthony got engaged last week and the wedding is planned for next summer again at La Ferme des Vallots. Tanya and Anthony met at St Georges, London while training to do physiotherapy and medicine respectively  and we're all thrilled about another wedding and enlarging our international family. Anthony's parents are originally from Malaysia and I'm delighted that the connection with Malaysia will continue.

Along the coast in Pitas
Yesterday was Naomi's birthday which she spent in Montreal, Canada and very soon she will be returning to Scotland and then we fly into Paris, both on the 28th May to be reunited after over a year. After that if you are following we will go on to Lille to celebrate Lisa's birthday- not long now!! Meanwhile I am on standby for a birth. One of the mentor's wives is about to have a baby any moment and no I'm not being to asked to deliver the baby as their Project Manager, although my experience in lambing could be useful, just babysit for the their 20 month old daughter ....but you never know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment