Saturday, May 3, 2014

House-Warming and Kuching

A traditional sampan for the tourists
Another week over and I'm thinking with the Duchess of Piasau post last week I didn't even get round to say that Andrew came to Kuching last weekend and we had a short but lovely time soaking up the relaxed atmosphere of charming Kuching. As soon as the fun in Piasau with Sayeeda, (who never even said hello to me!) was over, I flew to Kuching for an induction of some lovely new mentors and then stayed on until Sunday. We went on a river cruise by accident and had a nice wander around the lovely colonial buildings that have survived in Kuching. Andrew is now back at La Ferme des Vallots after 3 months away and having spoken to him on Friday night from Kuala Lumpur airport it makes me realise that I am only a nights sleep away from home and of course quite a lot of money too! I am flying back to France on 28th May so it will be upon me before I know it and I'll be getting my gardening and cooking hats on and forgetting about all my other responsibilities for 2 weeks at least.
Fishing boat for catching prawns 

China town










 On Wednesday evening, before the Labour Day holiday, I invited my Sabah North mentors to a house-warming party which was very quickly thrown together but despite the lack of planning it was really nice. Everyone brought something to eat and drink and despite my house not really being ready for viewing it was lovely getting everyone together. We had three children, a very pregnant mother and mentors from late 20's to late 50's all enjoying each other's company. In the mentoring job one has lots of contact with the schools and teachers but really seldom do we all get together on a social basis and I think it is really nice to do so. I have a great group of people in Sabah North and I think another social event is being planned in Kudat area in the future. I'm looking forward to it!
The old court house

The Police Station

  I have had another very sociable week so today and yesterday I am trying to catch up with the DIY that has been neglected. I have painted the bathroom blue which is more in the co-ordination spectrum of the tiles than the previous orange walls and I intend to do the little washing machine room with the rest of the paint and then hopefully some sewing. So that's it for this week I think. It is interesting that my blog is being read by new mentors arriving and they know all sorts of things about me before me meet! I'll have to be careful to not to reveal too much about myself!
A bank

No comments:

Post a Comment