Monday, December 10, 2012

It's cold in Lille and Glasgow!


The first snow this year in Glasgow
I think I am on  my 10 th  bed/sleeping place in the last three weeks and the sofa that I am using at the moment in Glasgow is really comfortable and could possibly be the winner! I arrived in Paris last Monday and went by train to Lille where I spent a lovely few days with Lisa and Tanya. It was so nice to be back in France and I do remember how to speak French (adequately) which is a relief. Lisa and Remi's house, that I saw last year in a building site state,is finished and feels really like a home. They have made it so nice and I even slept in a bed (rather than a mattress on the floor) in their spare bedroom/study. Tanya's apartment looks more like home too especially with the addition of Marshall the cat. We spent a lovely few days together and Lisa took me on a drive around the coast which was cold, windy but beautiful. However, as well as seeing my beautful daughters it was so nice to consume lots of delicious cheese and wine!
Gen in Glasgow
On Thursday I set off again to the airport and arrived in Glasgow in the evening. Last year, we bought a flat, which Gen is now living in with her friend Emma. Andrew has been over laying floors and Gen has been very busy decorating but I have  been a very much absentee landlady so it is lovely to actually see it for myself and see how much it has changed for the better. The last few days have been a whirl of shopping, eating in nice restaurants and catching up with Gen and Naomi as well as their boyfriends and my dear friend Katy and Stephanie who came all the way from Carlisle to see me. Last night Gen was singing in a choir performing in the City Hall which was brilliant. The choir sang and danced to modern pop/rock tunes and the atmosphere and audience participation last night was fantastic.I would love to be able to sing in a choir like that. Anyway much as I am enoying this way of life I don't think I could afford it for too long.On Sunday night the snow started and it does look pretty as long as I'm watching from inside.I'm off again on Tuesday to London where I am sitting an exam and then my final destination before returning home is Winchester and Andrew will be there to meet me!
Lisa looking over to the White Cliffs of Dover
 

No comments:

Post a Comment