Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Home at Last!!




It is SO lovely to be back at my lovely home in Normandie. I was feeling quite nervous in case it wasn't as lovely as I thought it was but Andrew has managed wonderfully well in keeping things going against the odds of floods and a crazy dog (sorry Phoebe but you are!). Phoebe has managed to break, chew, scratch and eat her way through many things not to mention the problem of incontinence as she approaches her 14 th birthday. However, even if it is because of the approach of alzheimers, she still loves me and has forgiven me for deserting her - for a few weeks at least!

Phoebe - 14 today!
I'm going around the house remembering things that I've put to another part of my brain and everything is so familiar, I can't believe that I've been away for a year. A few of the Christmas decorations have been left up, which is handy and even some Christmas wrapping paper is exactly where I left it last December! It is frosty this morning with lovely blue skies so I must take Phoebe for a walk and explore the garden and fields. The nicest thing this morning though was being cosy in our bed which is by far the best bed . Anyway, I must get on with repairing the quilt that Phoebe has torn, starting my Christmas cards, doing some cooking for some of my dear friends who are joining us for supper this evening.....  Home Sweet Home!
                                                                        Royale

No comments:

Post a Comment