Monday, September 16, 2013

50 th Anniversary of Sabah joining Malaysia





Yes today is yet another public holiday but a rather special milestone in the history of Sarawak and Sabah as it is 50 years since they joined the Federation of Malaysia. Tonight in Kota Kinabalu there is going to be a huge celebration, concert, speeches etc.... and a visit from the Prime Minister of Malaysia and many other VIP's. There certainly have been incredible changes in the last fifty years and let's hope that in the next ten years that Sabah will have the same roads, electricity, schools and educational opportunities as peninsula Malaysia. On Friday I went on my last parade around Ranau with SK St Benedict and seemed to get tagged far too much on a social network! Anyway it was fun and I'm still amazed by all the wonderful costumes that the pupils and teachers turn up in. I was in my silk kabia feeling very overdressed but even that I'm getting used to.
















 At the moment I am visiting places for "the last time" and had a visit to " the Tip" yet again and saw a spectacular sunset and then last weekend I went back to Manana which is another favourite of mine. This week there are a few farewell parties and a "graduation" ceremony for our mentees which will be quite emotional I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment