Thursday, August 8, 2013

Selamat Hari Raya




Heidi, Marie-Claire and children today

Sorry everyone for being late with my blog this week but I have my dear friend Heidi with me and her friend Marie-Claire and I am the official tourist guide! It was lovely to see their faces as they walked through the arrival gate at the airport and we have spent a lovely relaxing weekend at Manana, a short wet stay at the Tip of Borneo and an exciting Kinabatangan River trip and today we visited 6, no 7 (the extra one we went to by accident!) houses where we were welcomed to celebrate Hari Raya with my Muslim friends. It was fun and we ate far too much but what Heidi and Marie-Claire most enjoyed was the warm welcome we all received - even the house where they didn't know who we were! I will put some photos up of the past week and hopefully will get time to write more later.



Proboscis monkey


Tiger leeches
Stork- billed Kingfisher



Colours Everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment