Monday, November 2, 2015

Hello again!



Celebrating the arrival of Dylan and the All Blacks!
 I know quite a few of you have been wondering where I've been and whether I will ever come back to my blog. So this is just to let you know that I arrived back in France on Saturday after spending two weeks in New Zealand and a hectic final few weeks in Sabah. So I do have lots to catch up on which I do intend to do - now that I am unemployed and should have some free time as well as access to a computer and quicker internet!
  It has all been a whirl and full of lovely memories and many sad farewells however it is done now. Having the wonderful time with my two brothers, wives, nieces, nephews and offspring has made it easier and of course made me appreciate how precious family are. I left New Zealand in the fever of the World Cup Rugby final and Lisa and I managed to watch it in a pub in Lille and despite being in the minority we were able to rejoice with the All Blacks. I can imagine there was much celebration throughout New Zealand and in my families especially as Dan Carter seemed to be the man of the match and he is related by marriage and known as Uncle Dan! There was also the excitement of a new great nephew, called Dylan , born just after the exciting semi-final.
Yes even the dog was wearing Number 10!
  I spent one day in Kuala Lumpur before I got on the plane for Paris and went to "work" at the head office in KL which is just so alien to the way our project works and no wonder we don't fit into the corporate organisation. I saw a few people I know and then had coffee and a long chat with Linda, the publisher who has been such a supporter of the Storybook Project. It was nice to feel that humid warmth again but the noisy buzz of the city is not what I love about Malaysia and I was glad to get on the plane. I will be on my way back to Normandie tomorrow on the train and my dear friend Hazel will be there to bring me home......

No comments:

Post a Comment