Thursday, July 16, 2015

Selamat Hari Raya 2015!

Hari Raya 2011!
This will be a short post just to let you know that I haven't forgot about you all. I have been saturated in editing the Resource Book that is in the final stages now but my eyes are suffering from eye strain and I just want it to be at the printers and finished now! As I write I can hear the fireworks exploding outside and the festivities for Hari Raya Aidilfitri are definitely in full swing. The traffic in the past few days has been terrible as people are doing their last minute shopping or heading "balik kampong" (back home) so they can be with their families for the occasion. I have decided to escape to Manana tomorrow and relax for a couple of days away from the computer and all the excitement around Tuaran.
Main street of Livarot with Lisa and Patrick in the crowd!

Patrick at the end of our lane









  Talking about excitement in the air - Livarot was one of the "Etapes" in the Tour de France and Lisa, Remi and Patrick were there to join in the festivities. Over the years we have witnessed many Tour de Frances whizz through Livarot but this is the first time it has actually started there and the first time I remember it actually going past the end of our lane. So Patrick and Lisa were able to sit at the end of the lane and get a good view without having to move. They went into Livarot after the cyclists went past and enjoyed the show and singers that were put on for the occasion.


Sunset at Manana




 I'm off to Kuching on Monday for a Study Tour which I'm not quite sure what that means but there are fifteen delegates from all over the world - Peru, Myanmar,Israel, China, Egypt etc....who are coming to study our project and we are facilitating with that process. I think it will be very interesting meeting all these different people and then of course you all know that I love a visit to Kuching and I haven't been since March so a visit is definitely overdue!
  I wish all my Muslim friends a very happy Hari Raya celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment